Atty has gone three days without an A&B! AND he's been without oxygen for two days now. What a little wonderboy!
He's still working on the eating thing. He gets too tired drinking from a bottle, so he still gets some of his food through the tube. He seems to eat better when I feed him (she says with motherly pride), so I might take some time off next week so I can spend more time with him at the hospital and feed him more often.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO high, but if things continue to go this well, he could come home next Wednesday. We'll survive if he needs to stay a little longer, but it would be so nice to have him home next week.
On a semi-related note, our combined hospital costs are now close to $150,000. One statement for Atty's care alone was $103,000. We don't have to pay that much, of course, and there's no way insurance is paying that much, either. It's like they have to charge twice as much so they get what they really want. But it's still heart-stopping to realize the costs of health care. I'm so grateful for insurance.
2 comments:
Yikes on the cost of all of this. Thank goodness for insurance indeed. I hope Atty is still doing well. I love you and James and wish you all the best.
I'll choose Atty over a new house any day :) Can't wait to meet him in person.
Post a Comment