The sleep gods are toying with me. I know pregnant women tire easily. I know I can expect some sleep disturbances. But it seems that no matter what I do, I'm still exhausted.
Part of the problem is that I tend to stay up later than I should. So last night, when I started feeling sleepy around 8:00, I went to bed. I relaxed and read until James came in at 10, and we turned off the lights. This is good for us, since lately it's been closer to midnight or later.
But then I was wide awake. We talked some, then I tossed and turned and dozed intermittently until 1:30. Then I woke up every couple hours. Of course I started to settle into a good sleep right about the time I needed to get up. I still made it to work pretty close to on time, though.
So I'm wondering how to approach tonight. Can I force my body into a better sleep routine? I sleep pretty well with Tylenol PM, but it usually makes it harder to get up in the morning. Maybe if I take it earlier....
Anyone have any suggestions?
2 comments:
Chocolate! It's always the answer... GOML- So sorry you're not sleeping well. Wish I had some motherly advice to share. Love you lots and hope to see you soon. In the meantime, visit my blog. It has pics of Amy's first baby - Ava Norine!
LYG,
GOYL
http://wend-your-way.blogspot.com/
Hm. I've been struggling with a bit of insomnia myself lately and I'm not even preggers! It helps me if I don't eat anything after dinner. It helps when I feel like I've done enough for one day. It helps when I consciously relax every muscle group in sequence. It helps when I stop thinking about reality and start making up stories, or movies, in my brain. Imagine someone you know walking down a sidewalk, looking in shop windows, then suddenly ripping off their coat and leaping into the air to save someone from an exploding volcano.
Works for me. I think it fools my conscious brain into thinking it's dreaming. Then it gives up and lets me sleep.
Good luck!
Post a Comment