Or maybe it was Susan's idea originally. I can't remember. But it was going to be great and make lots of money. And now someone else has made it happen first: http://www.babyplays.com/. (The link was "temporarily unavailable" last I checked, but it did load earlier today.)
The idea is that you can rent baby/kids toys with a system similar to Netflix. I mean, some of these toys and play gyms cost a lot of money, and the kids are only interested for so long. So you shell out the bucks and then have to find a place to store them when your kids aren't interested anymore.
So this idea is brilliant--for a flat fee you can rent four to six toys a month and keep them as long as you like. This lets you try-before-you-buy, or you can keep trading them to keep your toy stash fresh.
It's probably good that this woman started the company instead of me, though, since according to a news article (news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080210/ap_on_hi_te/toy_rental), she's invested quite a bit of money to get this started. More than I could ever muster (or would want to borrow) to start the business. And now I can enjoy the fruits of her labors.
Now I just need to come up with another million-dollar idea....
3 comments:
Teleportation...perpetual motion...self-washing diapers...
Hmmm...I think those first two are up to you, Ms. Scientist. (I know, biology and physics are different fields, but I'm sure you could find a connection that would work). I may be able to work on that third one, though. Something to think about in the middle of the night. ;)
Ha! Well, scientists are having a hard time with those first two. Maybe they just need a good editor to take a look at it :) You will certainly have much time in the middle of the night to ponder. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that there won't be much thinking goin' on.
Like my new nickname?
Post a Comment