It's strange to look back and realize how much my ankle has dominated my life this year. And that it really has been all year. It was in January that I tried a new treatment that initially eliminated the pain but quickly devolved into pain comparable to the original injury--I couldn't walk without crutches for a month. Cortizone in March. Surgery in June. Still in a brace. Still a bit freaked out that my upper fibula is just floating free. And I expect to be uncomfortable through the end of the year.
An entire year.
The stranger part is to realize the side effects of this trouble, especially in my relationship with my husband. He has been a patient caregiver all this time, and in many ways I've become an entitled receiver. I take for granted that he does most of the housework and cooking now. I haven't been a complete invalid, except for a week or so after the surgery, but I've gotten very comfortable on the couch. Now that I'm more mobile, I'm finding it a little difficult to resume some of these roles. I like being taken care of. But it's time to get moving again. Time to "rise from the dust" so to speak.
Here I go.


2 comments:
I can't believe it's been that long! No small task, that rising from the dust bit. If there's anything I can do, please let me know!
Me too!! I would love to do something that would help out if it can be done from here. :o(
And it's great to see you blogging again! I have hoped and hoped to hear from you and am grateful for the new information!
Post a Comment