So I just experienced my first mammogram. And even though the people were nice and it wasn't painful, afterward I still just wanted to curl up in bed with a bowl of ice cream and cry.
I haven't done any of those things yet, but I am at home in my comfy pants, contemplating the ice cream in the freezer. Maybe I should have lunch first...
Anyway, all I can say is if men had to undergo the same procedure for testicular cancer, they would have come up with a better imaging method by now.
Here's to more women in medical technology!
3 comments:
Ugh. Sorry. Not looking forward to that myself. Are the results instant, or do they go out for analysis?
I get to wait 7-10 days for results. And the likelihood of finding an anomaly is high for first-timers because they don't have a baseline to compare it to. Such fun.
So sorry you had an uncomfortable experience. Go ahead and have that ice cream!! It's just a little bit, right? And I know you are right. Men would develop another more comfortable way to do it if they had to experience it every year or so. But I'm glad you had it done. Always best to check.
Post a Comment