Monday, July 23, 2012

The Latest Update

This morning I got  my contraption replaced with a cast. It holds my ankle in a slightly different position, so it's going to take some getting used to. I get to keep it for two weeks and then move on to a walking boot. Apparently the bones are mending well.
Here are my X-rays, the first from the side and the second from the top. I don't think these screws are ever coming out. I might have to carry these with me next time I try to board a plane.

In the meantime Atticus has done some fun things, and I promise to get some of those pictures posted. Just not today. I think it's time for a nap.

3 comments:

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

Hey! That looks like a regular old broken leg. I don't see any signatures on it, though...

How are you doing pain-wise?

Lara said...

I think you should have James paint a sexy fishnet stocking and high heeled shoe on the cast.

X-rays = "ouch."

Keep moving your toes - stretch the big toe up into extension several times a day so it doesn't get stuck down. That is a pain to fix if it gets stuck. I hope it gets feeling better quick.

Unknown said...

Well that does look better than before. . . .I have been praying you will mend properly so looks like my prayers are being answered. Hope you are feeling better. I know it is going to be a long road ahead, so just keep hanging. Love and miss you Mom B