I love just about everything from this artist, and everything on this page. But this one pretty much sums up my attitude toward life right now. I had plans. I had goals. They were even S.M.A.R.T. goals. I was going to get the details of my life in order. I was going to be proactive.
Then I got hit by a truck. Literally. And everything changed. I still have the same goals, but I have to develop patience as I learn new ways to achieve them. And so much is out of my control right now. I know we'll receive a settlement from the accident, and that our car appraised for more than we owe on it. But when we receive that money and how much and if/when we'll be able to buy a new car is completely out of my hands.
Now I have a growth on my pancreas, which the doctor says is most likely benign and probably won't require surgery, but this isn't related to the accident, so we'll be responsible for those costs. I just hope they get it taken care of this year, when we've already maxed out our insurance deductible.
So today I just throw up my hands and say, Father, I'll do my part and trust You to take care of the rest. Please just remind me what my part is again?

3 comments:
Seriously rough times, Heidi. I'll be praying for you, too.
How did they find the growth on your pancreas? Was it part of another test related to the accident? What's the next step?
A very beautiful post that I needed to hear tonight. Thanks, Heidi. Hang in there, sweet girl.
I love you, Heidi! You make me laugh. Good luck with all you are going through. (And I would take a boot over a cast any day!)
Post a Comment