Monday, March 2, 2009

The boy likes beans

He's not so fond of cereal and vegetables. Strained carrots are ok, but to get him to eat barley cereal and peas I had to make him laugh to get him to open his mouth so I could sneak the spoon in. Today he caught on and figured out how to laugh with tight lips.

But man, sit down on the couch with a bowl of beans, and he's all over you. Last week James and I had chili beans and cornbread for dinner, and Atty came begging. So I gave him half a bean (sauce sucked off), and he kept asking for more. Once I was too slow so he started yelling. Then today I had curried lentils and rice for lunch (so yummy and soooo easy!), and he came begging again (this was after the tight-lip feeding debacle). I thought the curry would be too spicy for him, but he didn't even seem to notice. He wouldn't leave me alone until it was all gone.

I loved seeing his little happy face with curry sauce around his mouth. I think for his dinner tonight I'll skip the cereal and open a can of beans. :)

2 comments:

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

Beans! Alice loves them! Must be a Poulson thing. She likes frozen peas, too, especially if she can use her fingers :)

Lara said...

Curried lentils. Mmmmm.... Can I have the recipe?