Friday, March 20, 2009

Atty's 1st Birthday

He didn't really know what all the fuss was about. But he had fun squishing whipped-cream frosting through his fingers. (His hair isn't really as red as it appears in these photos. Maybe someday...)


I love this picture. He looks more like a little boy and less like a baby. Ok, that makes me the tiniest bit sad, because that means he's growing up, but I love love love watching him grow and learn new things and discover the world around him.



Because it was Pi Day (3.14), we celebrated at the Pie with my mom, my sister Erin, and our friends Brook and Linwood Biddulph. We considered (briefly) throwing a big party, but we figured Atty wouldn't know the difference and might get overwhelmed by a crowd.


Here's a video of him playing with his cake. He wasn't sure what to do with it, but he seemed to enjoy himself regardless. And check out the vintage high chair James found at DI. We think it's pretty groovy.

It was a good day. We love having this little boy around. It still blows my mind that we have a son. How did we get so blessed?

1 comment:

Carlee said...

I'm totally jealous about the highchair. I love it.