We're still trying to get him to eat solid foods. I tried mixing some canned pumpkin with a little cereal, and he liked it ok. He still doesn't get the spoon concept, though. I have to feed him by putting food on my finger and wiping it on the inside of his cheek. You can see how impressed he is:
But he does like playing with the spoon.
As far as non-spooned solid foods, we've discovered he really likes salty things. I gave him a Ritz cracker on a whim one day, and he licked and sucked all the salt off, rotating it in his hands to get it all. I took it away from him after he broke it so he wouldn't choke on the big pieces, but he ate all the crumbs off of his shirt. The other day I gave him a jumbo olive, and he really dug it. I've tried ice cream and chocolate, and he wasn't nearly as excited. He definitely takes after James. :)
3 comments:
Ha ha! Droolicus.
How exciting! He's growing up so fast.
I see James in him in that first picture. He is such a cutie. My babies all seemed to like sour things, like pickles. I think it is just a totally new sensory experience for them and they like to repeat it.
Post a Comment