Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Chez Nous

I love this picture, even though it's blurry. The raised eyebrows, the pursed lips...

We had a wonderfully mellow Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve we celebrated by watching the third "Mummy" movie while noshing on camembert-tomato sandwiches, Martenelli's, and a spread of assorted stinky cheeses and olives.
Between the olives and the camembert, our house stunk to high heaven (and still stinks every time we open the fridge). But DANG it was tasty. That blue cheese in the photo is Papillion Roquefort, which made me giddy with cheese-joy when I put it in my mouth. I don't want to consider my saturated fat intake for that night...so I won't. :)

On Christmas morning we slept in. We didn't have any presents to open*, and Atty's too young to care, so we had a leisurely morning eating pancakes and watching the James Bond marathon on tv. About the time I started thinking about going for a walk, the wind picked up and brought with it some pellet-y snow. So we stayed in. Atty liked having both parents with him all day--he got lots and lots of snuggles, and some extra snuggles by proxy for Nana.
It snowed all night, so when James left for work this morning at 6 am, the snow was almost knee-deep. I have a feeling it will be another snuggly day.

*Don't worry, it wasn't a gift-less Christmas. My present is at the frame shop, and we'll be using Christmas gift money to shop for James's and Atty's presents at the after-Christmas sales tomorrow.

No comments: