I thought I set up the auto-post for this to go up in January, but I guess it didn't. Here it is now.
So we've been saving up for our family reunion this summer. I was really proud of myself for thinking ahead and figuring out how much to save each month and actually doing it. I loved watching that account grow, knowing we wouldn't use credit or debt for the trip.
Then it came time to pay for the reservations. I was able to pay in full, which was very satisfying.
But now that account is empty. It makes me sad to look that $28 balance. The account's not dead; we're still saving for future vacations. We hope to take another small trip this summer and maybe a bigger trip in 2018.
I finally understand that old saying about having cake. Maybe I just need to save twice as much so I can eat half the cake and still have some. I'll have to work on that...
No comments:
Post a Comment