Thursday, March 16, 2017

James has a new car!

I was waiting to get a picture of James next to his new car, but I'm really bad at taking pictures, so if you want to hear from me you'll have to get used to not seeing many photos. Sorry. This happened in January.

We have finally replaced James's 1997 Geo Prism. It was a good car that served us well. But it wasn't going to pass inspection this year, and we really didn't want to put more money into it.

The new one is a 2014 Hyundai Elantra with 31K miles on it. It has all sorts of bells and whistles that the Prism didn't, like *gasp* a CD player! And cruise control! We will most likely drive this car on our longer road trips now that my Subaru has more than 100K miles.

I have to say it will take me some time to get used to having a blue car. My family has always favored red cars. Or green. In high school I drove a neon green Ford Fiesta, and our first Subaru was a bright sage-y green. I miss those cars...

The only blue car I've ever driven was an ancient tank of a Crown Victoria. I loved that car. It laughed at the snow, and the seats were so plush and comfy. I remember listening to the Hunchback of Notre Dame soundtrack with my sister Susan, and we both yelled "SANCTUARY!!" at the right time in the song. Of course that car almost died on Susan, overheating on every hill between Idaho Falls and Salt Lake. But the trip wasn't a total loss, because she ended up marrying the guy she went to see. So yeah, it was a good car.

I hope this blue car brings us at least as many happy memories.


No comments: