
We are on spring break this week, so of course we had to get together with the school friends. We went all out and took the Frontrunner train up to Ogden, where we played on the trains outside the station, then walked through the historic district to a local cafe with really good food. After lunch we walked another three blocks to the Treehouse Museum, which is the coolest children's museum I've seen so far. Lots of great exhibits, a major focus on literacy (books everywhere, topics corresponding to each exhibit), and an interactive play. Afterward we walked another three blocks to Farr's ice cream, a local specialty. We had to wait a half hour in line in the tiny, crowded store, so some of the moms entertained the kids outside. These pictures are from our wait. Once we finally had our ice cream, we walked 5 blocks back to the station. I was really impressed with how well the kids did with all the walking. Even Zoe, our frailest/whiniest one, refused to go on only once, not counting the time she was just pouting about not being able to hold Caleb's hand. We made it to our train on time regardless, and the kids played together the whole way home.

On the way home one of the other moms said, "I feel like the best mom ever." I don't know that this outing makes up for the extra grumpy evening we had last night, but it was a good day. I just wish I'd remembered my camera to take more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment