I was going to say the "babymoon" is over, but really I'm just having a bad day. I'm exhausted and have a headache and Atty has been gassy and fussy but is sleeping at the moment. I fell asleep after the 7 am feeding and had a dream that I came home from somewhere and realized I didn't have Atty with me. I thought I had left him in his stroller on the bus, but just as I was freaking out and trying to call UTA, my friend Margaret called to say I'd left him in his stroller at her house and was I ok? Not a good dream.
Two days ago all was well, mostly. I had us both fed and dressed by 10 am, cleaned up the house, washed the dishes and made the bed, and got some other work done. I felt on top of things and very capable. Atty was still gassy, but I was in better shape to deal with it. Now I'm finding myself wandering around the house wondering where I've left stuff and trying to remember what I was doing with it in the first place.
I told Atty this morning, "Sometimes taking care of you isn't very fun. But I always always always love you and am so grateful you're here." I guess that about sums it up.
2 comments:
Hey there,
We all have days like that. Am I the friend in your dream? Glad I could be helpful, even in your unconscious state.
M
It was the days that I couldn't remember if I'd brushed my teeth that I started to wonder if I was ever going to be functioning again! Those days happen. I don't know if you can leave the house with the babe yet, but I find that a nice walk somewhere that isn't my house usually helps those days. Good luck!!
Ash
Post a Comment