As of 10:00 this morning, I am officially no longer a Church employee. I just had an exit interview with the HR guy, signed a paper, and I was done. I just need to mail them my ID badge and parking pass. My jobless state is only temporary, though. On Monday I sign a freelance contract with my former supervisor, which allows me to continue working on my projects and essentially do the same job I was doing before, just part-time and from home now. I won't have benefits, but James's insurance will still cover us.
I'm not sure how much money I'll actually make, but we have lots of room to cut back our expenses. And if this job doesn't give me enough work, we can consider other options. If you know anyone who's looking for a freelance editor/writer, let me know.
In Atty news, he has been completely off oxygen for a couple weeks now. He still has his little heart murmur, so we met with the cardiologist this week to get on their radar. The doctor said the murmur is small enough that it's not worth treating at this point. We'll go back in toward the end of the year to follow up.
The poor guy still has acid reflux, and he's been a little constipated this week, but he's over 10 lbs now and growing steadily. I'm grateful to be able to stay home with him from now on.
3 comments:
Yay for Atty. Cute little guy.
I'm so glad you get to be home with him now, he's such a lucky fellow to have you and James.
Happy Father's Day, James.
The U might have some freelance work available in any number of departments or auxilliaries. You can get your foot in the door somewhere fun with fringe benefits like Kingsbury Hall :)
Yay for being able to stay home with your little guy! I'll let you know if I hear about any freelance opportunities (as I'm looking for some myself lately).
Post a Comment