So I turned 35 yesterday. Birthdays don't normally bother me, but 35 sounds so much older than I feel. I've actually felt that way about every birthday since 31. Turning 30 was fine, but I wasn't ready for 31, and I haven't caught up yet. It's like time is going faster than I am now. (Better that than the alternative, I guess.) And it's kind of an odd feeling to realize that I'll probably feel like this for the rest of my life. I remember my grandma freaking out when she turned 80. I think that's about when she caught up with her age and seemed to age 20 years practically overnight. So odd.
In any case, it was a good day. James and I both had the day off, and I slept/lounged in bed until about 11:00. When I finally got up, I actually had my ankles back! My feet were still puffy, but I had real ankles. I was so excited, like it was my body's birthday gift to me. :)
We went to lunch and to IKEA for some drawers for the nursery. I was feeling hugely pregnant, so we got a wheelchair for James to push me around in. We found what we wanted, and James put them all together when we got home. Later we went out to dinner at Trio and stopped by the chocolate store for fancy chocolates. There was a Relief Society activity that night, but I just wanted to put on my nightie, lie on the couch, and watch American Idol. So that's exactly what I did. Not very exciting--no fireworks or parades or anything--but perfect.
3 comments:
I realized about 11:30 last night that it was March 11th. I'm glad you had a good birthday. I love you and it was great to see you on Sunday! :)
Yeah, the day flew past me too. I thought about you all day and had every intention of calling you ON THE DAY, but I never had a chance to slow down. Grrr. Today hasn't been any better. It sounds like you had a fun day anyway :) I'll try and call you tonight.
Happy Birthday! I am glad that you had a good one!
Post a Comment