I'm listening to this album after a long hiatus, and it's just pure genius. From the shockingly vulnerable "What Have You Done?" to the goofy "I Can't Get Behind That" and the honesty of "Real," it's just an amazing album. A friend couldn't get past the fact that it's Captain Kirk, which is a shame, because it goes so far beyond that. I love this part from the end of the title track:"Has been" implies failure - not so
"Has been" is history
"Has been" . . . was
"Has been" . . . might again
1 comment:
At first I thought, "I had no idea he could sing." Then I checked him out on Amazon and realized my first impression was right. :-) He is amazingly good at narrating songs! It reminds me of A Prarie Home Companion. I wonder if he's ever hung around with Garrison Keillor...
Post a Comment