
One of my favorite blogs is SouleMama, written by Amanda Soule. Her family recently bought a 100-year-old farmhouse in Maine, and she's been posting their renovations and move-in progress. I've been drooling over each room, with the wide-plank floors and the funky angles and nooks upstairs, and all the gorgeous light through the windows. But the library tops it all. It's officially the dining room, but really, how often do you use a formal dining room?
I have always wanted a library, a quiet place full of books and a comfortable chair and good light and lots of pillows. A place to snuggle up in winter with a good book and a cup of tea. As Atticus gets older I'll want to add art supplies and such, like she did here. Or maybe he'll get his own art room, and the library will be mine. We'll see.
When I mentally renovate the house I'm currently coveting, the dining room looks a lot like this, except it will also be used as a dining room. And it's about half the size. Oh well. You have to start somewhere, right?
See more photos here.
No comments:
Post a Comment