I've been eating salads of spinach and microgreens, plus peas from the farmers' market. Tonight we had grilled chicken (marinated lightly in lime juice) with cilantro pesto and a barley salad with peas, rainbow carrots, and fresh herbs. Later this week we'll eat the chard and greens in two different meals. I'm not sure what to do with the radishes.
I made another yummy thing that's not CSA-related but not worth a post of its own: strawberry sauce. But I didn't use just any strawberries; these were tiny, sun-ripened berries foraged (with permission) from my neighbor's garden. I was hoping to make jam, but no such luck. I got about a cup of perfect sauce, just berries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. I'm eating it over tart frozen yogurt, my new favorite treat. Mmmmmm..... I love summer food.
2 comments:
Your dinner sounds so delicious. And so fancy. I need to cook more like you.
I googled radish recipes and there were a few promising non-salad options. The grilled radishes looked the most interesting.
Post a Comment