("...that it's a demon. A dancing demon! No, something isn't right there.")
Ok, maybe less of a theory than a realization. Here's the background: I have two pairs of pants that, according to the tags, are the same size. But one is uncomfortably snug around the waist while the other literally falls down so bad I need a belt. I haven't needed a belt since high school, if even then. Very frustrating, this discrepancy in sizing.
And then just this week I figured out the difference. One is meant to sit at my waist, while the other is meant to sit on my hips. I carry most of my weight in my belly, and I've been losing weight in my hips and butt. So even though the hip pants ride across the peak of my belly, that circumference is still smaller than the hip/butt circumference of average woman my size. So the pants sag and slip. But I haven't been losing much in my waist, so the waist pants are still snug.
That, and every brand interprets sizing differently. Even so, I think I'll be shopping at Old Navy more, which is where the hip pants came from. I know size is just a number, but right now my ego could use some smaller numbers.
I don't know why anyone would care about this, but I felt the need to share. Enjoy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment