I made this for dinner yesterday, and it was fantastic. I'm getting hungry again just looking at the picture. (I didn't take that picture, I borrowed it from gourmet.com). It's curried red-lentil stew with vegetables, served over basmati rice and with roasted cauliflower on the side. You can get the recipes here.I didn't make the cumin/red pepper oil to drizzle on top, but I didn't miss it. The best part is it freezes really well before you add the green veggies, so it's two meals in one. Or more than two: even with just half the recipe, James and I both had seconds and still had some left over. Oh, and it really is better the next day. I purposely made the base a day early to let it mellow, and I could totally tell a difference.
I thought the curry was a little strong in just the stew, but once you put it over the rice it balances out nicely. And the roasted cauliflower was really good. I think roasting is my new way to cook veggies. I made roasted asparagus for Easter, and it was divine. I don't think I'll ever eat steamed cauliflower again.
No comments:
Post a Comment