After missing out on a really cool ornament swap, I joined SwapBot, an online center for all kinds of crafty swappage. And yesterday I got two packages in the mail that made my heart flutter. One was leftover (unused) Christmas cards, and the other was a package of "blues buster" goodies meant to alleve post-holiday letdown. My giver had read my profile well and picked things she thought I'd like.
Today I'm sending off my leftover Christmas cards, plus a blues-buster package to a woman in Kansas, a chocolate bar to a woman in Seattle, and a small planner to a guy in Nevada. Last month I sent handmade bookmarks to a woman in Germany. Once I get those mailed off I can sign up for the button swap I've been watching. (You can only have 5 active swaps at a time.)
Getting all this fun mail has made me want to start writing letters again. I'm all for instant communication, but there's something romantic about a handwritten letter received in the mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment