Monday, August 18, 2008

James has been kicked off the high council...

...and called into the bishopric. He's the second counselor. It's a completely new bishopric, and he's with two very good men.

I keep thinking of President Benson's saying: "Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies." I'm beginning to believe that we're not meant to get too comfortable in life. Not that this calling is a bad thing, but it will definitely be a learning/growing experience for both of us.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Wow! Congratulations, James. You are a great man and will do a fine job.

Natalie said...

James will do a great job! So who's the new bishopric?

Heidi said...

Bishop: Scott Thorley
1st Counselor: Brad Beck

Gordita said...

Best wishes to James. I'm sure your title was intentional, but when I saw it I thought this was going to be scandalous. I'm relieved and happy that it's not.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Hello Heidi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Please tell Dell and Cierra and the whole family Hello from me and Ben.

And I hope your husband loves his new calling.