Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Successes

Atticus has figured out cartwheels!

Atticus has been working on his cartwheel for more than a year, with little success. He would try and try and end up in a heap on the floor every time. Then we started him in gymnastics in September, and I honestly didn't see any progress during class. And then the other day he does this. I was so excited for him! He GOT it!! And he was pretty proud of himself, as well.

Then the next day, I rode a bike for the first time since my surgery. I was just going to try out the bike and see how it went, but it felt so good that I had Atticus get his scooter and we went a couple miles up the Jordan River Trail. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice to be out, just him and me. I was sore for a couple days, both ankle and thighs, but it was worth it. 

I'm walking without a brace now. I still have a bit of a limp, and my left leg is still significantly weaker than my right, but I'm making progress. I have to remind myself that slow progress is still progress. And if I'm not strong enough to hike the trails next spring, that just means more time for biking.


1 comment:

Jerry and Jenene said...

What an awesome cartwheel!! Perfect in every way! So happy for the boy! And happy that you are able to do some things you have been wanting to do. I know you will take it easy and let it heal the way it needs to so you can have many more years of outdoor activities.