Monday, May 4, 2015

Starting Over

Ok. I had a few bad weeks with the diet, and I didn't get the job I really (really!) wanted. I got knocked down and thrown for a loop.

But I'm back up. I went to the gym today, and I signed up for a 6-week "boot camp" class. I'm doing the diet challenge again, starting by cutting out all drinks but water and unsweetened herbal tea.

At work, I still feel a twinge in my gut whenever I think of all the problems that made me want to leave, but it's time to stop whining and move forward. The project manager is advocating for me to take a bigger role, though exactly how is still to be defined. I also asked the writing manager to help me find a mentor for web and social media writing. That's my weak point, and it's the direction the field is heading, like it or not. And it will help me write for a more general audience, which is what got the other guy the job I wanted. 

This quote came to mind today:


"In times of change learners inherit the earth; while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." --Eric Hoffer
It's time.

No comments: