I'm a little worried about today because I'm feeling stressed and anxious. This is when I normally crave chocolate and caffeine. I've packed a healthy lunch and snacks, but if I can't turn my mood around, this is going to be a rough day. So what do I need to do to feel better?
Figure out the problem.
I thought I was doing well this morning. I got into the shower on time, but somehow the rest of the morning got away from me. Atticus was taken care of, but I was still doing my hair when I realized we needed to be out the door. I thought I would have time for breakfast. I thought I was on schedule. Can I blame Atticus for suddenly having a million questions about the Titanic? Where did that come from?
Then I realized spring break is next week. How did I let that sneak up on me? It's been on the school calendar all year--how did it not make it to my calendar? What am I going to do with Atticus? I can't take a whole week off, which means I need to set up play dates and such. That means I have to call people. I hate calling people.
Then there are my general frustrations about work. Not excited to be here, but I have lots to do.
Figure out a solution.
I got the boys to school on time (barely), and I have microwave oatmeal at work. Let today go and figure out how to make tomorrow better. Win for today: I packed my lunch last night, so I didn't have to worry about that this morning. Focus on that drop of awesome and let the rest go.
One friend's mom works at the Snowbird kid's camp, and she offered to take Atticus up with her son next week. That takes care of one day. James will be home Thursday and Friday--two more down. So it's just two days I need to worry about. Veronica has Wednesdays off--maybe she can take him that day if I take Kaden for another. I really don't want to take Kaden, but maybe we can go to a movie or something. I can take one day off.
Work stress... right now the only way out is through. Just dig in and get it done. Be grateful that my very nice but very chatty neighbor is out today. I feel bad for being relieved, but I'm just not in the mood for him today.
Ok. I'm feeling a little better. Back to the diet.
Here are my goals for this program:
- Lose 10 lbs. That's 1-2 lbs a week, which is reasonable and maintainable.
- Clean up my diet. Get rid of most of the junk and increase produce intake.
- Get in the habit of exercise. Do something every day.
Thought questions for this week:
How did I do with week 1? Was it too hard? Too easy?
It was a little on the easy side, but overall it was just about right. I could increase the intensity of my workouts a little, and I could eat more vegetables.
Who am I doing this for? When working out, do I remember why this is worth it?
I'm doing this for myself. I'm tired of feeling "blech" and out of shape. I'm tired of being out of breath after one flight of stairs. I'm tired of hurting all over.
2 comments:
Yay for you! We're rooting for you to hang in there and reach your goal! It feels good to accomplish something hard. Sounds like you are being really sensible about it.
You go, girl! My mood is my greatest enemy to healthy habits, too. And eating breakfast every day used to be easy and natural. Not anymore. What happened??
Post a Comment