| Our happy trio of garden boxes. James made these in the spring and figured out how to get water to them. |
| Beans! Our most successful crop so far. I planted whole packets of carrot and beet seeds, but the response has been spotty. Very disappointed in the beets, and the carrots are almost spicy. Weird. |
| Tomatoes, and more unsuccessful carrots. I swear they've been that same size for a month. Our tomatoes are Hillbilly and Early Girl. They've been tasty. |
| Our pumpkin vines have gone nuts. Here's the smallest of the three. |
| And the biggest, though it's hard to tell. It's a lot more orange today. There's a third, medium-sized pumpkin hiding to the left of the big'un. |
| The back lot (I'm standing in the garden). Not sure yet what's going to happen here, but we might put a peach tree in the sunnier half. |
| Another view of the same plot. |
| James has made considerable progress on the nasty tree, and Atticus decides to help. |
| If all else fails, bang on it. |
| We should have taken some of the wood-splitting wedges Dad offered us... |
| Today's garden haul. Did I mention this is our second crop of green beans? We've had a lot of rain lately, so they've been producing like mad. I might have to pickle some this weekend. |
| Atticus's portrait of me de-meating a crock-pot roasted chicken for dinner. I guess it's only fair to include a picture of myself here. |

1 comment:
James has mad fort-building skills, I see... And I seriously did LOL about Atticus not feeling God at the temple. Your garden looks good! Mine is a bare dirt patch, now. Well, I have a few leftover onions in there that were too small to harvest... do you think they will sprout and grow some more next year?
Post a Comment