Sunday, September 15, 2013

They accepted our offer!!

Ours was actually the second offer they received, the first being from an investor with a low bid. I'm glad we moved as quickly as we did, and I wonder whether meeting the owner tipped the scales in our favor.

Clearly nothing's final, but they want to close by October 23rd. Unless we get someone eager to take over our jobs as managers here, we probably won't move until the end of November so we can take our time painting and moving stuff, deciding what to take and what to sell.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I sketched out a furniture arrangement for the living room. Of course it requires selling our current couches, so we'll see if James buys into my ideas. We could move in with what we have, though, and that's a nice feeling.

But first we have to inspect the house and actually get a loan. One step at a time, Heidi. :)

3 comments:

James B. said...

I LIKE our couches . . .

Lara said...

I'm so excited for you! It is really an amazing thing to be in your own house.

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

I've been behind on my blog reader and didn't catch this life-changing update until the MLS listing had already been taken down :( D'oh! I'd love to have a peek inside. Congrats!

House-warming party, anyone?