Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Days of School

Atticus and I couldn't decide which picture was our favorite, so I used both.


Atticus's first day of kindergarten was cowboy day. I think he looked mighty spiffy, and so did he. He was a little nervous on the way over, asking, "Is anyone else going to be in a cowboy costume?" I'll admit I had my doubts. But no worries, there were other hats and boots. He held tight to my hand until we got inside the classroom, but then I was no longer needed. I had to pry his attention away from the legos to get him to kiss me goodbye. 

His class is half day, but then he goes to a second class called Enrichment, where they have a theme for the week and more hands-on activities. When I came to pick him up, he begged to go to aftercare, like some other kids in his class do. No, sweetie, you have to come home with me. Sorry.

In our morning prayers we pray for Atticus to have a good day at school. The other day he told me I didn't need to pray for him anymore--he always has a great time at school.

I love picking him up and seeing his eyes light up as he tells me about his day. I think this school thing is going to work out for us. 

2 comments:

K said...

That is a spiffy get up! :) Which school is he at now?

Lara said...

That is SOOOOO cute!