Thursday, June 23, 2011

Atticus has been watching a Curious George DVD practically nonstop (or he would, if we'd let him), and it's raised a couple questions.

I mean, has anyone done a psychological profile on The Man with the Yellow Hat? Single dude, lives with a monkey, dresses entirely in yellow all the time, and has an unhealthy obsession with his hat.

Childhood trauma, maybe?

5 comments:

K said...

And seriously, who in their right mind would leave a monkey alone in an ice cream shop?

James B. said...

His name is Ted.

Carlee said...

My kids love Curious George too (books and movies). My biggest questions are about his negligence. I mean, come on, every time you do something with that monkey you leave him alone with only the instructions to "stay out of trouble". Has he learned nothing from his past experiences, never mind his (possibly absent) common sense?

Mary said...

I know! Not to mention the one episode where he tells George to go buy donuts! Seriously?!? George ended up getting about 1000 dozen instead of 1 dozen. What did he think would happen? I totally agree with you.

Lara said...

I had the same experience as you but with the movie Mary Poppins. One of my kids watched that movie a gazillion times and I started to think Mary Poppins was pretty rude and Bert was kinda creepy. You just can't go looking too deeply into kid movies before you reach the insanity under the crust.