Friday, February 27, 2009

Rejection Dejection

I applied to sell some of my goods at the spring Beehive Bazaar, and I was rejected. Or should I say "not accepted." Doesn't sound quite as painful that way. Not that I'm heartbroken over it or anything. It would have been a lot of work to get enough product ready, and I would have had to spend more money than I wanted to buy supplies. But it would have been fun. I like making little birds. Here's what I was hoping to sell:

Birdie Mobiles

These are the same style birds I made for Atty's mobile (still not assembled), but without the embroidery. For Atty's mobile I want to use an interesting stick, like maybe curly willow, instead of beaded wire for the frame. And maybe I'll add some felt leaves. Maybe that will be my project this weekend.
Birdie Ornaments
I really like these little birds. I want to get a bare tree branch on a stand and hang them from it, again with some felt leaves. And maybe a little nest. Who knows.
I plan to put these up in my Etsy shop soon, with the option of personalization. I've also made some smaller versions of the ornaments above as pins. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but they have words on them and will come with corresponding quotes. So the one that says "hope" will come with the lines "hope is the thing with feathers / that perches in the soul" from Emily Dickenson. And the one that says "faith" will come with the quote "Faith is the bird who feels the light and sings while the dawn is still dark." Once I get the packaging done for those I'll post them and let you know here.
My next projects are going to be a growth chart for Atty and more fused plastic. I got a boatload of bags from Lara and a couple other sources, so I plan to have fun with those. Whatever I make will probably end up on Etsy as well. Just don't go looking now, because I still just have my Christmas stuff up. Maybe next week. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Gordita said...

I LOVE the birds. They are wonderfully adorable.